Welcome to My Food Blog!

Hi, it's Christine. Dinner Table Chronicles is my first blog detailing my food experiences all over town and during our family's travels. First off, I must confess that I'm a terrible photographer, so my food pics may not look so terrific. Even worse, sometimes the restaurant lighting is a bit dim and my iPhone does not take the best pics in "ambience" lighting. But I do hope to improve over time. So do bear with some of my fuzzy pics as we take you along on our food journey.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Las Vegas - Brunch at Aria

On our second day, we woke up and decided to walk to the central strip area (Caesars Palace, Bellagio, and the new City Centre). This was a good 45-minute walk from our hotel in the northern strip. By the time we got to City Centre, we were hungry and weak. We entered the new hotel, Aria (opened just in mid-December), and decided we should try their buffet. For brunch, we paid $25 pp.

This was Mark's first plate.

I got a bowl of congee.


And a plate of Chinese food. I don't know why I went straight for the Chinese food.

Wonton noodle in soup with Shanghai bok choy. The noodles were mushy and should not have been soaked in the soup.


Alaskan king crab again. This was better than the one at the Wynn.


Time for dessert! This is what the Aria buffet does best! The desserts are made by Jean-Phillipe Patisserie at the Bellagio. There is now another Jean-Phillipe Patisserie at the City Centre.

The profiterole.


The carrot cake.
















The bananas foster.


The strawberry shortcake.
















Here are some additional pictures of the desserts. There's creme caramel, chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, profiteroles, cookies, dessert bars, pastries, and gelato.






















































Here are some pictures of the seafood: the Alaskan king crab legs, shrimp, raw oysters, and sushi.




















The fresh fruit:


Overall, a so-so buffet. The ambience was nice and bright, which makes it really pleasant to dine here. But the food was just OK, with the exception of the desserts. Definitely not as good as the Wynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment