Welcome to My Food Blog!

Hi, it's Christine. Dinner Table Chronicles is my first blog detailing my food experiences all over town and during our family's travels. First off, I must confess that I'm a terrible photographer, so my food pics may not look so terrific. Even worse, sometimes the restaurant lighting is a bit dim and my iPhone does not take the best pics in "ambience" lighting. But I do hope to improve over time. So do bear with some of my fuzzy pics as we take you along on our food journey.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dinner at Dai Jang Kum

Mark and I had a sudden craving for Korean BBQ on one Friday evening. It was the end of a long week in December, cold outside, and we had no desire to cook dinner. Korean BBQ seemed like the way to go. We decided to try Dai Jang Kum on Bridgeport Road in Richmond. The food was just OK. We actually prefer the Korean restaurant on Alexandra Road (AKA Wai Sek Gai). Now, I can't remember the name of the dishes we ordered as they all have Korean names, so my descriptions will be very vague.

They first brought out all the sides (bean sprouts, kim chee, seaweed, potato, tofu, daikon, and salad) and the miso soup:





















A beef rice bowl with veggies:

The Korean BBQ beef loaded with big slices of portabello mushrooms and enoki mushrooms:

We got two rice bowls with our meal:


Then came the thread noodles: the better dish of the night. It had veggies and beef slices in it.


Would we go there again? Probably not. This food experience probably will encourage us to head to the Korean restaurant on Alexandra Road the next time we crave Korean.

No comments:

Post a Comment